George Marsh’s standard of excellence and commitment to the instrument are inspirational to me as well as many others who have heard and studied his music
– David Garabaldi
Marsh is, in himself, one of the finest and most versatile percussion sections in jazz.
– Rick Van Horn, Modern Drummer Magazine
George’s sound enhances the music and his imagination makes for marvelous coloration and surprises – and he has roots
– Shelly Manne
It is a thrill to hear a drum solo played with sensitiviey and musicality
– Roy Burns, Educator,JazzDrummer, President of Aquarian Drums Heads
A true jazz freak’s drummer: loose, propulsive, constantly directional and incredibly sensitive.
– Mike Bourne, Down Beat Magazine
George Marsh is a thoroughly amazing drummer of substance and creative wherewithal
– Herb Wong, Jazz Educators Journal
Marsh is acknowledged as among the best percussionists in contemporary music.
– Philip Elwood, San Francisco Examiner
I think all fresh-up drummers should be made to go a season with Marsh. To learn how to listen! Lightness and style characterize everything he does.
– Jurgen Gothe, Fanfare Magazine